UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Mar 2008, 4:23 pm   #1
Panrock
Nonode

Default Airing Cupboard converter

I had an ex-Sutton Coldfield BBC digital standards converter installed in my bedroom airing cupboard for twenty years, originally obtained totally above-board through the good offices of Phil Marrison.

I gave this to the BVWS when I got my Domino. Terry Martini and (IIRC) John Thompson came up to collect.

Anyone know what happened to it? Could this be the one Beery's now got by any chance ?

Steve
Old 29th Mar 2008, 6:47 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Airing Cupboard converter

No, it's still there - Gerry's Bedroom! He's got two - the Digital Kind and an Analogue one which does not work.

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 29th Mar 2008, 7:04 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I think Steve is referring to another one. I think this was last heard of at Malcolm Everiss's (the Domino man) place.

Gerry's analogue converter is a Pye built CO6/501 and so came from an ITV station. The digital CO6/509 was from Crystal Palace. I know this for certain because I collected it one night many moons ago and then got it working.
Old 29th Mar 2008, 7:06 pm   #4
Steve_P
Dekatron

Did you get the analogue one working?

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 29th Mar 2008, 7:17 pm   #5
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Not quite. It had worked after a fashion at one time at the museum. I got the video path mostly working but the pulse timing stuff was a nightmare. I think it really needed a bulk electrolytic change and alot of germanium diodes.
Old 7th Apr 2008, 12:43 pm   #6
beery
Heptode

Hi all,
I think Terry Martini still has his. I have another one, it came from Fernseh.

Cheers
Andy

Last edited by beery; 7th Apr 2008 at 12:44 pm. Reason: added extra detail
Closed Thread