UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Oct 2007, 7:25 pm   #1
Andy Day
Pentode

Default Cossor 501ac white plastic panel surround

I've got one of these sets on the waiting shelf, like many the white plastic around the speaker grille/tuning dial has shrunk and deformed.

Has anyone found a way to get one back to it's normal shape and form - perhaps by heating? Or moulding a new one? I find the potential problems with this one item a deterent to starting!
Old 22nd Oct 2007, 1:10 pm   #2
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Re: Cossor 501ac white plastic panel surround

I once stretched the surround on a Pye T19D by pouring boiling water over it and pulling it, gently, with my hands.

It stretched easily and the result seemed very good... However, I was amazed at how quickly (a few weeks) it managed to shrink back to, exactly, how it was

David
Closed Thread