UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2019, 3:03 pm   #1
Tonyohall
Diode

Default Eddystone 730/4 Crystal Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

My receiver has a loose plunger on the front panel that is not connected to the micro switch inside. Can anyone show me a photo of what the connection should so I can recreate it. The crystal calibrator works fine when I manually push the micro switch plunger.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:30 pm   #2
G4XWDJim
Octode

Default Re: Eddystone 730/4 Crystall Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

'Fraid I don't have a set to photograph but I've repaired plenty of them. There isn't normally a microswitch behind the button. The button is a round Painton switch I believe about two inches long with four leads going to it.

Looking in my military parts manual it says it's a single pole 2 way switch Nato number Z1/5930-99-940-3406. You might find that vmars manuals have a copy of the military illustrated parts list which is what I have in front of me, unfortunately with no photo of the switch.

It's possible that someone modified it if the switch failed by fitting a m/s which has lost its strip actuator. If you can send a well illuminated and clear photo of what is there I'll have a look to see if I have a suitable m/s complete with actuator.

Prior to 1993 I fitted a m/s to a 730/4. What chance is there that it could be the same set. I think I even repainted the case and front panel with silver metallic instead of wrinkle. I think I sold it at the NEC NVCF around 1993 so plenty of time to forget the details.

Hope this helps

Jim
Old 22nd May 2019, 5:07 pm   #3
Tonyohall
Diode

Default Re: Eddystone 730/4 Crystall Calibrator Connection to Front Panel

Sorry but I may have mislead you buy calling it a micro switch. Th switch sounds very much like the one you described. I have attached a photo showing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020826.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	183639  
Closed Thread