UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jun 2014, 5:33 pm   #1
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Default Live speaker connections

Hi all, most of you are probably already aware but I thought it might be worth a mention that on certain AC/DC sets such as the Stella ST113U I am working on at present have no audio output transformer and as a result the (high impedance) speaker connections are at full HT potential. It does mention this in the service info but I thought it prudent to point out this "hidden" danger for those who may assume that the speaker is at low potential. This presents both an electric shock hazard and also a test equipment connection hazard.
Alan.
Old 21st Jun 2014, 6:08 pm   #2
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Live speaker connections

I remember finding out the hazzard of live speaker connections when I was 12 (55 years ago!) when I tried to connect the "Radio In" socket on my R2R, via a wire from the speaker of Mum & Dad's old radiogram.

When I came round, lump on head, I the found out the problem it had also caused to my R2R !