UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Apr 2012, 10:05 am   #21
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: PHILIPS 6502/15 for EL3302 Cassette Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtechman View Post

I found a very reliable alternative and now change it as a matter of course, it's availble from RS, part no: 522-2817 (as pic)
If that's the 10K version (I didn't bother to go to Radio Spares' website), that's the same exact one we use as the trim pots in our analog mixing desks at Wheatstone! Bourns. Made in Mexico.
It's 100R not 10K in the Philips Motor Contol Board.
Old 16th Apr 2012, 6:51 pm   #22
briskly
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for all the comments. I'll try the 100k pot. Unfortunately The motor board looks a bit messy around the control pot - anyone have a pic of the board by any chance?
Old 17th Apr 2012, 8:21 am   #23
camtechman
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by briskly View Post
Thanks for all the comments. I'll try the 100k pot. Unfortunately The motor board looks a bit messy around the control pot - anyone have a pic of the board by any chance?
The ohmic value is 100R (100 Ohms) NOT 100K.
Old 25th Apr 2012, 4:33 pm   #24
briskly
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for all the help. I've got the motor going OK now but the sound output became intermittent and I've now found that some of the tracking has come away from the sound board (left hand corner as you look down from the motor board end - near the motor board.) I've tried to hard wire the connections but it is not that clear where the connections should be. I think maybe the transistor here has blown. Would anyone have a photo of the N2202 sound board and/or have any tips?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 28th Apr 2012, 2:33 pm   #25
Ekcoman
Heptode

Just got another boxed EL3302/00G complete with the mains adapter BUT interesting MADE IN SINGAPORE. That's new to me and for a late model has the old mini window in the cassette door and not the full perspex one. I think it dates 1975? Well that's written on the adapter box.