UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2009, 1:50 am   #1
vynyls24
Retired Dormant Member

Red face Help Sony TC-U2

Can anyone assist me ? My cassette deck has just stopped working without any warning.
The Sony TC-U2 has two volume dials at the right front, when turnedon the dials light up ok, but the actual cassette desk will not do anything Does anyone have a answer or what to replace.
Old 4th Mar 2009, 12:11 pm   #2
Growlerman
Hexode

Default Re: help sony TC-U2

Can you post a picture of it?

If you engage play do the heads move into position? Can you hear a motor working?
It could be drive belts that have perished.
Old 4th Mar 2009, 8:48 pm   #3
vynyls24
Retired Dormant Member

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. Nothing moves at all, no sound from motor. I can only say it looks as if maybe there is no power. There is power to the lights in where the meters are.

See you
vynyls24
Old 4th Mar 2009, 10:17 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growlerman View Post
Can you post a picture of it?
This is a typical, run-of-the-mill, late 1970s front loading cassette deck.

There's a high res pic of one with the cover off here: http://www.***********/photos/jaytils...n/photostream/

I'd check those big Rs on the main PCB in the power supply section for a start. And measure the voltage across the big electrolytics.

Nick.
Closed Thread