UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2019, 2:43 pm   #1
Kalee21
Triode

Default Soundburger popping noise

I recently received a sound burger initial fault was no sound in the right channel but you could hear a slight noise when you switched it on and off over the coming weeks I slowly replaced the capacitors about halfway through the sound started to come through although slightly distorted it was better than no sound at all On completion I finally switch on and after a few seconds a popping noise started coming through the right channel which is affected by the volume
Having assumed I may have a faulty capacitor somewhere I have recently replaced all the capacitors with better quality ones but still have that same popping noise in the right channel
The only two I’ve not changed are labelled as 332M
Any information would be gratefully received
Old 18th May 2019, 11:08 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Soundburger popping noise

3n3, 3300pF probably.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 19th May 2019, 1:30 am   #3
G8UWM-MildMartin
Heptode

Default Re: Soundburger popping noise

Yes, but less likely to be causing the noise than other things...
I'd suggest gently warming them, then the transistors in the stages before the volume control, then the resistors associated with the aforementioned transistors to try to pin it down a bit.
Closed Thread