UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2017, 2:01 pm   #1
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Editing Posts - an observation.

The forum provides the facility to edit a post within 30 minutes of submission. I will sometimes edit a post if I have made a mistake (that I haven't picked up in the proof read) in spelling or grammar, or if I have made a technical error such as saying "negative" when I should have said "positive". On other occasions I will use the edit function to add an afterthought about the given subject.

I have experienced many "crossed posts" in my 14 years on this forum but not the following before.

I had posted a reply in a thread and had, a little later, decided that I wanted to add another sentence to the post. I added the sentence and clicked on "save" only to find there had been two posts in the meantime. The effect was to make nonsense of my post. Anyone reading it would have thought something like "doesn't this fellow read the previous posts?"

I couldn't undo the edit to leave the post in its original position so I deleted the post.

I'm not making a case for any changes because I understand the reasons for making an edited post "rejoin the queue" so to speak; I am just making a (perhaps interesting) observation.
Old 8th Oct 2017, 3:37 pm   #2

Default Re: Editing Posts - an observation.

Interesting, perhaps an automatic xxx has edited post #xx during the replies.

Old 8th Oct 2017, 3:50 pm   #3
Station X

Default Re: Editing Posts - an observation.

This happens when a member whose posts are subject to moderation posts in a thread and his post is not approved before a non moderated member posts in the thread. It's not just new members whose posts are moderated.

The moderators try to approve posts as quickly as possible, but there may be delays if no moderators are active in the forums at the time a post is made.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread