UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Aug 2006, 10:38 pm   #21
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Default Re: Stereo Valve amp

To my ears, they sound fine. I don't think I could honestly tell the difference between these and others, evidenced by the fact I have two different pairs in the stereo amp, and they sound fine.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 10:50 pm   #22
Sideband
Dekatron

Superb bit of construction Steve! Top marks .

One question. Looking at the pictures in your first post, I see the heater wiring is very neatly twisted and laid out.....but where is the heater supply to the left-hand EF86?

Rich (very chilly in Brugge at the moment)!
Old 15th Aug 2006, 11:29 pm   #23
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Newman View Post
Superb bit of construction Steve! Top marks .

One question. Looking at the pictures in your first post, I see the heater wiring is very neatly twisted and laid out.....but where is the heater supply to the left-hand EF86?

Rich (very chilly in Brugge at the moment)!
Aha. There's twisted pair point-to-point wiring between the B9A sockets on the other side of the PCB.
Old 16th Aug 2006, 6:12 pm   #24
percival007
Heptode

Looking again at your pictures Steve, just a wonderfull bit of hand wiring! I was allways in awe of the people who used to make the old stuff which was all hand wired. It looked really quite beautifull, definately an art form allmost. How long did it take you to make the amp?
Old 16th Aug 2006, 6:59 pm   #25
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by percival007 View Post
...... How long did it take you to make the amp?
I think it took about a 3 weeks elapsed time, mainly because of metal bashing and then paint spraying and drying (I painted the transformer housing and end-caps too). I can't easily say how much effort went into it but probably about a weeks' worth.

Good fun!
Closed Thread