UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Aug 2018, 10:42 am   #21
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Re: Philips V7A tunes backwards

How confusing, is it supposed to do that or is it an error in the cording? It would drive me scatty.
Another Philips crazy cord drive idea?

Last edited by Boater Sam; 14th Aug 2018 at 10:43 am. Reason: added
Old 14th Aug 2018, 7:58 pm   #22
terrykc
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1152 View Post
As Mike says in Post #2, the increasing scale R to L typically 200 - 550 is wavelength in metres, which is of course the inverse of frequency.
No! I can't read the figures but a lot of the station names are clear enough!

Nationals 1148kHz 261m
Midland R 1013kHz 294m
London Reg 977kHz 342m
Welsh Reg 804kHz 373m
North Reg 668kHz 449m

and so on, so definitely increasing wavelength from left to right!
Old 16th Aug 2018, 11:19 am   #23
Elorens
Diode

Ken, I checked the pointer and knob coordination on my V7A. As you turn the knob clockwise, the pointer moves to the right, which is intuitively what feels right. However, this is in the opposite direction to yours, and of course mine tunes backwards, so I need to change it so that the pointer goes in the same sense as yours. Tony, you may well be right that the cord goes over the main drum in the wrong way, but I'm hoping that I may be able to solve the problem by removing the pointer from one of the two parallel cords and attaching it to the other one. This will certainly make it move in the correct sense, but I'm not sure whether this shift of the pointer will cause other problems, such as catching on the case or on the slider mechanism. Hope to get to it over the next week. I'm just plucking up courage, at this stage...
Closed Thread