UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jul 2018, 10:18 am   #1
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Kings Lynn radio rally Sunday August 5th

As title. Weather forecast is excellent. Some stands are inside, and car boot space available outside. Friendly and very reasonably priced. Easy access from the A149 roundabout next to Queen Elizabeth hospital. Follow the A1076 towards town, site on left, not far from speed camera.
Rob
Old 1st Aug 2018, 12:17 am   #2
Dave757
Heptode

Default Re: Kings Lynn radio rally Sunday August 5th

Hi Rob,

What's parking like there?

Kind regards
Dave
Old 1st Aug 2018, 9:39 am   #3
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Not bad

There is usually a "normal" car boot in the next field so plenty of people around

Fred
G4BWP
Old 1st Aug 2018, 10:50 pm   #4
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

OK afaik. Rally car boot is fenced off from car park area.
Rob
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 7:24 pm   #5
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Kings Lynn radio rally Sunday August 5th

Good evening,
My first visit last year. I thought very disappointingly that the car boot WAS the radio rally then the penny dropped when I looked in the field opposite !

Christopher Capener
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 9:30 pm   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

First entrance on right, coming from main road is the rally, with the brick clubhouse.
The public car boot is on a field, further on, beyond the hedge but on the SAME side of the road. You say "opposite"??
Two years ago, one public car boot stall had a few old radios on his table at good prices.
I always take a look, just in case!
I expect there will be a good turn out at the rally this weekend due to the weather.
Rob