UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2010, 6:00 pm   #1
STANLEYBOY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Rtt-56a

I have just bought this telephone and need some help in identifying who and where it was made and how it is connected. On the base it states it is model RTT-56A. It has a brass carrying handle and the body appears to be bronze. On the inside it has the year 1963 B and SA 15859 A1. The original wiring is intact but there is just two bare wires at the end.

As I live in canada I am assuming this telephone is wired for european use?
Old 12th Oct 2010, 6:29 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Rtt-56a

Hi and welcome.

RTT are Belgian, the initials standing for "Regie des Telegraphes et Telefoon" (something like that, off the top of my head) which is now part of Belgacom.

The telephones are of Bell manufacture, I believe. They're extremely common in Belgium and The Netherlands and in recent years have flooded into the UK, being fobbed off as antique/collectors items.

Re the wiring, it might be easier if you can provide images of the chassis and existing wiring. I can't comment on wiring suitable for Canadian use I'm afraid, although someone else may be able to.
Old 13th Oct 2010, 4:37 pm   #3
STANLEYBOY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Rtt-56a

Thank you for the information. We have decided not to proceed with any electrical changes but to leave it "as is", clean it up and just use it as an additional piece of furniture. Once again - thank you for a quick responce.
Closed Thread