UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Aug 2013, 10:10 pm   #1
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Default Panasonic F10 VHS professional video camera

Hi ,

Has anybody got service information on this professional VHS video camera or could provide information about the cable that links the camera to the shoulder carried VHS recorder. I know these were used extensively in the 80's by professional camera crews but I can find no information on the web.

Much appreciated

Mike
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 3:23 pm   #2
John123
Heptode

Default Re: Panasonic F10 VHS professional video camera

Hi Mike,

Have a look on this website. I'm guessing it's the EIAJ 10-pin one. The site is American, but I think the wiring arrangement would've been the same on PAL machines.
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 4:09 pm   #3
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Spot on John, Farnell stock them as well !!, I have the pin outs from the manual.

The connector at the end connection to the tape unit is the ( for anybody else in the future ) Hirose RM15 10 pin , common connector it appears for Video Tape Units.

The camera end is slightly different being the EIJ type but at least I am nearly there, just need to find a stockist for these

I owe you a beer mate

Kind Regards
Mike
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 5:36 pm   #4
John123
Heptode

No problem Mike, glad I could help
Old 3rd Aug 2013, 11:32 pm   #5
Samba1360
Triode

Does your F10 camera have the 100 or 200 lens kit?
Old 4th Aug 2013, 10:18 pm   #6
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,

The camera housing model is wfp-10eb, it is fitted with the Studio 12X Large Zoom lens with auto zoom but manual focus. I am not familiar with the 100 or 200 lens kit terminology.

If you have experience of this kit I would be very grateful for some "sound" advice ( no pun intended)

Kind regards
Mike
Old 5th Aug 2013, 1:51 pm   #7
channel405
Tetrode

Hi Mike,

I used this camera a fair bit in the 90's, Very good early pro single 2/3" CCD cam. The F15 had the S-Video output for SVHS VCR's and perhaps genlock too, though can't be sure now. Has zebras like broadcast cams, and lot's of accessories available at the time. Cams of this era tend to have leaky caps by now so beware! Very good camera though and go for so little money nowadays.
Old 6th Aug 2013, 8:57 am   #8
MichaelR
Retired Dormant Member

Many Thanks for "heads up", I must say I am very pleased with it , I have even found a source for replacement new batteries.

Regards
Mike
Old 6th Aug 2013, 11:06 am   #9
Samba1360
Triode

From What I can remember the 100 kit was a 8x lens with the 200 kit was a 12x lens -like yours- with a 'clip on' at the back of the camera gen-lock attachment. They were mostly sold with the 200 kit, I like most people used them to video weddings and small corporate videos, they were indeed a very good quality camera and very good low light images (for the time), I think they were about £1,500 back in the early '80's, I used mine with a NV180 and later with the AG6400, then went over to the MS4 S-VHS second-gen camcorder.
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 12:43 pm   #10
TheloneRoger
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,
first post.
Would anyone have any info regarding the connectors between the camera and the lens?
I've modified a couple of these lenses to use with micro four thirds cameras, and would love to be able to power the zoom servo - and if I could do so via the rocker switch on the shoulder mount handle, then so much the better...
Cheers
Roger
Closed Thread