UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Oct 2014, 1:39 pm   #1
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Default Panasonic TC801SDP sound problem

The problem is that the sound is not tuned in at the same point as the vision. It looks like the sound trap is miss-tuned or that it is set up for the wrong standard. This is a PAL/SECAM tv/monitor and I have had a quick look inside and cannot find the section that strips the sound from the vision. Does anyone have any infomation about this tv.

Thanks.
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 5:07 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Panasonic TC801SDP sound problem

Is it a UK model? Other European countries used 5.5 not 6.0 MHz as in the UK.
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 7:44 pm   #3
Maclee62
Retired Dormant Member

TC-801SDP is not a UK model, the UK version was TC-801G. It is very likely to have a 5.5MHz spacing, not the 6MHz of the 801G, that was required for UK operation.

Multi standard versions were not sold in the UK by the UK importer. They may have been available, but only as grey imports.
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 7:48 pm   #4
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Is it convertable or adjustable to 6Mhz? or would that be a difficult job?
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 10:03 pm   #5
nigelr2000
Heptode

I used to just swop out the 3 legged filters for 6Mhz ones robbed out a dead UK set, I seem to remember there was 2 different types CDA and another, then with a little adjustment of the cores and it worked fine. I used to see quite a few Dutch & German sets in my shop as they seemed to like coming to live in the Cromer area for some reason
Old 4th Oct 2014, 4:34 am   #6
Maclee62
Retired Dormant Member

Check carefully around the set, but especially on the back as some non Uk models had a switch marked 5.5/6.0 to select the sound spacing. If you have such a switch, move it to the 6.0 position and it should then work.

This model was probably made for the middle East or Russian market.

It may also have more connections on the back that the UK version (TC801G) had, so if you managed to obtain an TC801G manual you may find it does not show all the terminals that exist on yours. Incidentally, the TC1100G is basically the same chassis if that assists you at all.

It dates from the late 80s/early 90s. You can pin the production date down from the serial number.

Last edited by Maclee62; 4th Oct 2014 at 4:47 am.
Old 14th Oct 2014, 10:58 am   #7
JohnBHanson
Heptode

Would anyone have a service manual for either a TC1100G or a TC801G or a TC801SDP they could email me - that would be helpful.

Thank you.
Old 4th Nov 2014, 10:54 pm   #8
JohnBHanson
Heptode

As nobody seams to have a service manual - would anyone have any advice on adding an RGB input?
Closed Thread