UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jan 2007, 9:14 pm   #121
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Auroras back in stock

Just a quick note - I have had the Aurora connected and running for about half an hour now (I am using my TMB272)

My only complaint would be that it shows how much work I have left to do to the set!

What a superb item of equipment!

I think that Daryl is selling these far short of their true value - An item of this nature would be worth double in my opinion, when you consider the ease of use, and attention to details in the design and construction,

One VERY happy customer!

Cheers
Sean
Old 5th Jan 2007, 12:22 am   #122
Roy
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
That sounds like the highest yet.
Excuse me, but ...

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...92&postcount=4

Been in a sulk ever since.

In fairness though, it was back in May when the exchange rate wasn't so favourable.

Serves me right for ordering early, but I had a feeling they would sell out quickly.
Old 8th Jan 2007, 12:56 pm   #123
BassoonBloke
Pentode

Thumbs up Re: Auroras back in stock

Hi Folks,

Just to say that i received my converter from Darryl just after Christmas and got it fired up yesterday and it's just brilliant . I had no problem with any dvd i tried.
The quality of the pictures produced is fantastic, and to say that i was pleased with the results would be the understatement of the century !!
I would absolutely reccomend this converter to anyone who is thinking about buying one.

Cheers Darryl for such a great bit of gear (i obviously won't be spending weeks now trying all of my dvd and video collection on my Bush TV12AM )

Alan.
Old 9th Jan 2007, 2:25 pm   #124
tubesrule
Hexode

Thanks for the compliment guys. It has been fascinating hearing from different people around the world about their sets and their experiences.

BTW OT Alan found a problem with the links on the web site. They should now be fixed and the manual can once again be dwonloaded.

Darryl
Old 27th Jan 2007, 5:35 pm   #125
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Hi everyone,

Just like to say that my standards converter arrived this morning and my duty I had to pay on mine was £37.53!

Anyhow I connected it to my 1962 motor tuned Cossor CT1910A and I am aextremely pleased with the results.

I have had the set for two years and had no way of using it untill now. I have done nothing to it and it works! you can see from the photograph that it needs some work though.

Happy days!

Lee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0034.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	7916  
Old 10th Feb 2007, 7:35 pm   #126
lorne
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, I had to wait 3 weeks for my SCRF-405A to arrive in the UK but it was well worth the wait and the VAT charged by customs (ouch). I suspect most of the delay is in Customs in the UK. Darryl is now including a single-sheet Quick Start Guide which I found very useful. This for me was truly 'plug and play' --- excellent.
Old 10th Feb 2007, 11:08 pm   #127
ferrari
Retired Dormant Member

Hi everyone,
I just got a BUSH TV22 (1952) from UK (I live in Italy), it looks in very good condition; safe shipping to Italy was quite difficoult to arrange but it arrived in good shape at last! since I'd like to make it working I need a converter to 405 lines, I'd like to buy the "Low Cost Aurora Converter"; I tryied several time to send an Email to Darryl at Aurora (darryl59@comcast.net) but apparently the mails always get back with error delivery messages... :-(
So anyway:

1st: Can anyone help me in getting in touch with Aurora?

2nd: Can you please help me in choosing the correct converter in order to use the BUSH TV22 with PAL Italian signal?

3rd: Can anyone please help me in finding the schemes and diagrams of the BUSH TV22 (made in June/July 1952)? here in Italy this model was never ever sold and is more than impossible to find such information.

Thanks to all readers!! I will keep you updated on working efficiency of the nice TV22.
Angelo.
Old 10th Feb 2007, 11:25 pm   #128
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

AFAIK, Darryl is away until after 14th February. The email address is correct. For any 405 line set you need the SCRF-405A. The input is any 625 line PAL, SECAM or monochrome video signal.

PDFs of the Bush manuals for the TV22 can be downloaded from Jon Evans' excellent web site.

http://www.thevalvepage.com/tv/bush/tv22/tv22.htm
Old 12th Feb 2007, 12:15 am   #129
ferrari
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks Jeffrey,
I look at the site and found interesting data,
I downloaded 4 pdf files, among them the Service Manual is for TV22A (that I belive is different from TV22). Do you have any suggestion where I can find the Service Manual for the TV22?
Thanks for the info about the Aurora model and Darryl I hope that from next 14th Feb. I will be able to send him an Email (it doesnt work now).
Thanks again !!
Angelo
(..as before: forgive my English...)
Old 12th Feb 2007, 11:09 am   #130
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari View Post
Do you have any suggestion where I can find the Service Manual for the TV22?
It would appear to be available from Paul Stenning's Service Data by Email (see top right of this page) which funds the running of the forum.
Old 12th Feb 2007, 8:55 pm   #131
taipai_royal
Pentode

Hi, Unfortunately Pauls is also the TV 22a ( I got caught on that one ) even though it is listed as TV 22.
Graham.
Old 12th Feb 2007, 9:00 pm   #132
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I've started a new TV22 data thread here https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...354#post102354 to prevent this one going OT.

Maybe one of the mods could move the relevant posts across.
Old 18th Mar 2007, 9:37 pm   #133
thyratron
Tetrode

Have a look at the fab results from the Aurora convertor
( extra £21.00 vat and parcel farce charges)
This is my new BUSH TUG 58 and the results are NOT like my memories of VHF 405 lines here in Bath Somerset !
The results are OUTSTANDING !
Go out and buy one for the wife!!

I have greatly enjoyed reading the posts on this site , greetings to all fellow television engineers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0001.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	8796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0003.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	8797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0004.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	8798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0005.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	8799   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	8800  

Old 9th Apr 2007, 1:14 pm   #134
Derek
Retired Dormant Member

Am I the only person who didn't have to pay any duty or charges or will be prepared to admit it Admittedly this was a year or two ago when they were relatively new. I believe there is a new model with a outer channel changer now? Sorry if i've missed it but i haven't seen any comment about it here.
Old 9th Apr 2007, 5:20 pm   #135
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

I didn't have to pay duty, it was just delivered by the postman with no duty charge at all. A fabulous converter!
Old 10th Apr 2007, 9:27 am   #136
BassoonBloke
Pentode

Smile Re: Auroras back in stock

Hi All,

I must admit that i fully expected to get a separate letter through the post for extra charges after my convertor arrived, but nothing has turned up (yet !!). So i seem to have have got away with it as well.
I Still think that this convertor is the best thing since sliced (brown) bread and i would have been happy to pay the extra if asked to.

All the best,
Alan.
Old 10th Apr 2007, 9:32 pm   #137
ferrari
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,
I received the converter in February in less than 1 week (USPS) and the duty to pay was 20% of the declared value on parcel (20% is the VAT rate we have in Italy)..
By the way the converter works great! I'm really happy about it!
Old 4th Jun 2007, 1:48 pm   #138
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

My SECOND aurora has just arrived , and have it working at the moment . If you have money to burn I would advise a second unit as it is now switchable externally,and very good value for what it does too
I had to pay nearly £40 import etc this time .I think the last one was £18!
Old 4th Jun 2007, 5:45 pm   #139
Panrock
Nonode

So are you now able to switch over to ITA on Channel 9 Chipp ?

I too have received my first Aurora. In sterling it came to £141.50 + £31.55 duty = £173.05. This is to feed a Baird Townsman I'm restoring for a client.

A certain pub in Surrey is also now intending to provide vintage television on tap at the bar! Could be I'll be needing another Aurora for them too...

Steve
Old 4th Jun 2007, 8:59 pm   #140
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Thanks for reminding me steve , yes i shall try to get ITA sometime very soon
Closed Thread