UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2019, 1:04 am   #1
GordyH.
Retired Dormant Member

Default Garrard 3500 Lifting Platform

Hi. I have just bought a Bush SRP51 with the Garrard 3500 fitted. Am hoping to get it up and running to play the stack of singles and LP’s I still have from the 60’s & 70’s! It is going to need a good clean, lubrication etc., but an obvious problem is immediately apparent. The lifting platform is broken into two pieces. Looks like it has been glued back together at some point but has then broken again. There does not appear to be anything missing. As someone having a first attempt at restoration I don’t know where to source parts, if they are still available. If not, is my only option trying to to re-glue? Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 26th Feb 2019, 10:58 am   #2
Kentode
Octode

Default Re: Garrard 3500 Lifting Platform

You can post a request in the wanted thread or take a photo of the broken part in this thread and see if anyone else has had this problem.

If you type Broken platform in the search box there is a recommendation for a suitable glue.

Hope that helps.

BVWS member
Old 26th Feb 2019, 1:30 pm   #3
Michael Maurice

Plastic glue like Humbrol used for building model aircraft will help you.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 26th Feb 2019, 3:09 pm   #4
GordyH.
Retired Dormant Member

Many thanks - I will try that.
Closed Thread