UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Sep 2006, 2:18 am   #1
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default System E Modulator

Hi,

With the Sondyna looking rather promising, my thoughts are turning towards a modulator. I have an as-yet unbuilt Steve McVoy System A modulator. Both Systems A and E are positive vision modulation with AM sound, they're very similar standards apart from timings.

So, my current thoughts are to build this modulator up with changes to the coils, placing it on System E Ch.4 (so I can later distribute System A on Ch.1 and System E on Ch.4 down the same bit of wire.)

System A Ch.4 is 61.75MHz vision, 58.25MHz sound.

System E Ch.4 has the vision carrier a little higher at 65.55MHz, sound being 54.40MHz.

System E has a vision bandwidth of 10.4MHz; I'll have no problem getting that from the computer system but I don't know whether the modulator will cope.

Comments and suggestions welcome, otherwise I'll go ahead and try it. If it works I guess I'll then need another modulator for System A... this is getting complicated... complicated, but fun

Regards, Kat
Closed Thread