UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2019, 5:33 pm   #1
RichieP
Retired Dormant Member

Hi. I’ve recently saved a Fidelity HF45 from being thrown away by our local charity shop. It has a BSR C154-c-ins1 deck. I’ve been able to get the turntable working and sound plus the main on and off controls work OK. However the deck on/ off is jammed and the auto changer needs work. Looking for a diagram of the deck or a technical manual.

Richie.

Restoring a fidelity hf45. Deck now working fine
External
On / off controllers all work fine. The issues I
Have is the start stop auto lever is jammed. I don’t
Have a Manuel so trying to work out how the mechanics
Work. The leaver underneath is connect. But I just
Can see how it works as it’s connect but doesn’t
Appear to operate as a the Bar it’s connected to
Appears fixed therefore doesn’t appear to
Operate looks in a fixed position I was given the player by a charity shop
Who where going to throw it out So someone may
Have played with the internals
Old 27th Feb 2019, 11:59 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Fidelity HF45.

The later BSR C1xx series autochangers used very similar mechanisms. The main differences were the cosmetics, platters and tone arms.
If you can't find a C154, there are other manuals, either just before or after this variant (e.g. C141 and C159) that are easily searchable.
Old 27th Feb 2019, 1:48 pm   #3
tracypaper
Octode

Hi.
Welcome to the forum.
If you are just servicing the deck you should not really need a diagram, it is just a case of taking pictures of the mechanics and then take off, clean, re-lube, and replace, that is unless you have a pile of loose parts in the bottom of the cabinet.
Also, only put lubricants where it originally was as some moving parts need to be dry.
Gaz.
Old 27th Feb 2019, 2:26 pm   #4
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I would add a note of caution here, with regard to the cam gear, which is the large cogwheel under the turntable. If this is tight on it's shaft, don't try to force it off. Gentle heating with either a hairdryer or soldering iron usually melts the dried grease sufficiently, but on at least one occasion I had toresort to pouring hot water over the Cam Gear's shaft to remove it.
Closed Thread