UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2022, 5:38 pm   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Micro-Perophone Gramophone

Hi all

I know it's a bit off topic being a mechanical machine but I know a lot of members also have interest in gramophones and may be able to help.

I bought this micro-perophone just as a little project and I'm hoping to find more information and possibly pictures of the same model. I'm certain that the arm isn't the right one, although it fits well to the horn the lid can't be closed with the arm fitted and must be removed and placed into the horn, definitely not as it should be. Other micro-perophones I see online have the horn/arm joint on the left hand side whereas this is on the right.

Rather than scrap the gramophone I'd like to give it a chance and find the right arm and start restoration but I can't find any photos of this particular model online.

Surprisingly is has an excellent sound too, I do see folk online comparing them to the HMV portables of which I've never heard but I've had a few columbia grafonolas in the past and this is certainly much better sounding than those.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220122_163154.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	250207  
Old 22nd Jan 2022, 7:16 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Micro-Perophone Gramophone

Have you seen this site?

http://www.gramophones.info/gramophones.perophone.html
Old 22nd Jan 2022, 7:44 pm   #3
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Re: Micro-Perophone Gramophone

Hi, yes I've seen that site, the model featured there is very slightly different to mine. The space in the lid below the record storage compartment is much more thinner on my example and although mine must have had a 2 part hinged tone arm it would have been almost straight I imagine. The one featured on the site has a curved tone arm very similar to what is currently fitted on mine, but due to the larger space it looks as though the lid will accommodate it much better than my example.

It looks as though I need to source a 2 part hinged tone arm that is much more straight than the usual types.
Closed Thread