UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Aug 2018, 2:23 pm   #41
sparkymike
Octode

Default Re: Taylor Windsor 45B Valve Tester

Today I snatched an hour or two break from building work on the house. I just tried a KT66 on the tester and find that there is zero reading for mutual conductance. I am thinking that the IO valve holder may well be faulty/corroded,but could this be another problem on the ABC switches ?
I tested an ECC82 on its respective holder and that reads fine.
When I press the meter button, the reading does vary a little on each push, so I guess the contacts on that switch will need cleaning.
Mike.
Old 28th Aug 2018, 8:28 am   #42
sparkymike
Octode

Panic over, or nearly !! The "A" switch is not making contact correctly so this will have to be cleaned I guess.I have some switch cleaner in aerosol so this will be a start. After that, I guess it is very fine emery paper ?
Mike.
Old 28th Aug 2018, 12:40 pm   #43
Freya
Octode

I use a toothbrush that's been shaved down, bristles and hard side to allow access between the wafers.
Closed Thread