UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2019, 1:56 pm   #1
BeakyTwitch
Retired Dormant Member

Default Cossor 1099 and 1322 wobbulator

Hi folks, new member here. I've had this Cossor 1099 Oscillograph for a few years, but its specification is so poor that I wondered what old-time engineers managed to do with it ? So after repairing it I bought a Cossor Telecheck 1322 to put it through its paces.

With my "new" Telecheck much cleaning-away of 50 years of dirt and tobacco tar has been recently done, re-capping and testing about to be done, then power it up. Thanks to DavidW for a 1322 manual, and I have made myself a reference book (see photo).

My main purpose is to study how wobbulators are made and used. There is a fascinating article that I found in Archive.org about the Cossor 343 which is very detailed and gives references for further reading.

Beaky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191120_121043.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	193991  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 5:47 pm   #2
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Cossor 1099 and 1322 wobbulator

Scopes like the 1099 were to help with diagnosis of timebase faults and maybe a bit of Audio stuff.

They were also useful to set up FM IF stages with a wobulator.

100MHz scopes are the norm now but back in the day just being able to see what was going on in the timebase must have been helpful if not one of the "stock" faults.

I have a few versions of various Cossor Sig Gens and Scopes I will eventually get around to putting them all on my web site
Cheers

Mike T
Closed Thread