UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jul 2015, 8:59 am   #1
Ian Goddard
Retired Dormant Member

Default Linesman's Telephones 28A and 286B. Value?

Hi everyone,

New to this forum forgive me if this is under the wrong thread.

My Father in law recently passed away, he was a BT engineer many years ago, subsequently when clearing the house we've come across many BT items/testers/tools etc... I've been looking on ebay to try and get a rough idea which items are worth keeping/selling and those that can go to charity/scrap.

Among other things I now have two 286B linesman BT telephones and one 286A

Can someone offer me some advice regarding how much they are worth say on eBay.

Kind Regards

Ian Goddard

Last edited by Station X; 15th Jul 2015 at 9:44 pm. Reason: Forum rule compliance.
Old 16th Jul 2015, 8:48 am   #2
oldmoley1
Tetrode

Default Re: Linesman's Telephones 28A and 286B. Value?

As with most things, I think it all depends on condition and age. I recently picked up a Chesilvale version on Ebay for the princely sum of £6, and have noticed that a Vanderhoff version has just sold on the same site for 99p! The fact that the seller insisted on personal collection probably accounts for the low price though. More typically, decent examples seem to range between £5 - £25, depending on demand.

Hope this helps, and apologies to Admins if I have commented inappropriately on this page. If you do decide to sell, I would be very interested, and would appreciate being considered for these sets.

Last edited by oldmoley1; 16th Jul 2015 at 8:48 am. Reason: spelling error
Old 16th Jul 2015, 12:21 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Linesman's Telephones 28A and 286B. Value?

Hello Ian and welcome.

Resist the temptation to throw anything out without letting the good people of this forum glance at a few photos first. There may be things which look like junk but which are highly desirable, and at the very least, you may save a few things from going into landfill.

If you want to sell things via the forum, you need to state a definite price (or free of charge if appropriate).

Nick.
Closed Thread