UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2011, 12:25 pm   #1
brenellic2000
Octode

Default 'Gold' Brenell Mk.5 serial numbers

I have for some time been collating Brenell serial numbers to try and determine production volumes and production change-over points.

I am still very short of the orginal 'gold deck' Mk.5 numbers as these numbers are not prominantly displayed as it is stamped underneath the deck's edge. There were 4 variants of this deck, which doesn't help!

To keep yourself out of washing the dishes or visting the mother-in-law (what am I saying?!) can you whip the deck plate out and tell me:

Motors - 3 x BT-H 1103; 2 x BT-H 1103 + BT-H 1303 capstan (alloy spider frame); 3 x all AEI; 2 x AEI 1303 + Papst capstan

Tension arm - does it have the Mk.IV back-tension arm fitted on the take up spool side (this should be on the BT-H variants) and is it connected mechanically to the feed spool or an electric switch?

Many thanks... now you can get back to drying the dishes and writing apologetically to the much loved mother-in-law. Phew!

Barry
Closed Thread