UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jul 2009, 3:59 pm   #21
benjamin77
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Murphy U472 NO FM !

Success.....Now working on all bands. Traced the problem to a cap on the screen of the 10C14. It was one of them horrible litle resistor look a likes rated at 3nf ! Many thanks to all
Old 8th Jul 2009, 1:09 pm   #22
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Good job Ben! well done, now I would change cap 39 on the screen of the 10F18 if you haven't already as it will break down sooner or later and cause the same symptom. (just out of interest when it happened to me I found that those little caps actually went open circuit which caused instability at I.F.

Cheers
Old 8th Jul 2009, 3:58 pm   #23
benjamin77
Retired Dormant Member

HI Lee
Yes your right , when I tested it I to found it was open circuit...! I have also changed the other one as you suggested. It would seem that none of them can be trusted...!
Closed Thread