UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Old 15th Feb 2018, 8:38 pm   #21
Brettski
Triode

Default Re: Oscilloscope not used in years

Hi Alan , thanks for that. I’m staying with battery powered sets as I’m happier being able to experiment without getting a 240v (or more) zap. However I can see externally the I will need to replace the mains flex. This should be no problem . But I am not confident enough to run the scope without the lid on. So it’s going to spend a bit longer drying out yet. I reckon I will be able to knock a limiter up as I have all the parts knocking about in the garage.

Let’s see what happens in a few weeks.

Brett.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 am   #22
m3vuv51
Triode

Had two of these scopes, first one died after it was in my boot during a crash, had a heater go o/c on an ECC88 if I recall. A few weeks later I was down the tip and saw one more or less the same so gave a quid for it with the intention of pulling a valve from it. Well took the covers off and it was all solid state, was going to rip it apart but thought I'd plug it in before ripping it to bits. Low and behold it worked, gave it to a friend when I got my Hitachi. As far as I know it.s still going, that must have been 10 years ago.
m3vuv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 pm   #23
ajgriff
Tetrode

For the avoidance of confusion I don't think there was a solid state version of the S51A. The later S54A was a solid state scope with similar spec. I stand to be corrected of course.

Alan
ajgriff is online now   Reply With Quote