UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Oct 2011, 3:39 pm   #1
ian rose
Pentode

Default unidentified French Wireless

Hello all

Can anyone identify this French set and/or is able to give me any info about it?
Valve line-up is; 6BE6 6BA6 6AV6 6H6 RECTIFIER UNKNOWN BUT B7G BASE AND FULL WAVE. AND EM34.
By the look of the line up it could be circa 1950 but there are no serial numbers or names on the set.
Any info most welcome.
regards to all
ian rose

Pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	french wireless 1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	57981  
Old 30th Oct 2011, 4:10 pm   #2
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: unidentified French Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian rose View Post
RECTIFIER UNKNOWN BUT B7G BASE AND FULL WAVE.

Probably a 6X4 (or EZ90).

Rich.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 4:22 pm   #3
ian rose
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideband View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian rose View Post
RECTIFIER UNKNOWN BUT B7G BASE AND FULL WAVE.

Probably a 6X4 (or EZ90).

Rich.
Yes, thanks Rich.
I made an error with the 6H6. Should read 6M6
do you know anything about the set itself?
regards
Ian
Old 30th Oct 2011, 6:42 pm   #4
Sideband
Dekatron

Non!

Sorry but we do have a member or members residing in France who may be able to help when they see the thread.

Rich.
Old 30th Oct 2011, 7:57 pm   #5
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: unidentified French Wireless

Hi,
I'm certain it's a "Reela" radio. Those side bits are often a feature of this marque. Here's a couple of pictures of my Reela radiogram. It originally had a Teppaz single play deck, but the cartridge was duff so I've fitted a BSR deck (a French import). The EZ90 rectifier was missing in mine so I made a B7G to B9A adaptor and fitted an EZ80. Electrically they're almost the same.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reela radiogram.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	57986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reela radiogram (1).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	57987  

Last edited by Tractorfan; 30th Oct 2011 at 8:03 pm. Reason: Now certain of the make (almost)
Old 30th Oct 2011, 10:24 pm   #6
Sideband
Dekatron

In fact the radio part of your radiogram bears a close resemblance to the OP's radio with the magic eye top centre.

Rich
Old 30th Oct 2011, 10:50 pm   #7
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)

Hi,
Indeed. That's what made me certain that it was a Reela. Also the steel speaker mesh is near enough identical. It'll also probably have a mains energised speaker as the French seemed to hold on to these longer than the Brits did. Mine has one.
Cheers, Pete
Old 30th Oct 2011, 10:59 pm   #8
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Incidentally, forgot to mention, EM34s or their equivalents were very common in old French radios and I've often picked up a few for three or four euros that have been little more than scrap, but they've usually got a reasonably good "eye" in them.
Cheers, Pete
Old 31st Oct 2011, 3:36 pm   #9
ian rose
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractorfan View Post
Hi,
I'm certain it's a "Reela" radio. Those side bits are often a feature of this marque. Here's a couple of pictures of my Reela radiogram. It originally had a Teppaz single play deck, but the cartridge was duff so I've fitted a BSR deck (a French import). The EZ90 rectifier was missing in mine so I made a B7G to B9A adaptor and fitted an EZ80. Electrically they're almost the same.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Pete
Hello Pete, en Francais
Yes, it looks like you are absolutely right, a Reela.
I now have it working so will now give it a clean up.
I will also look at the service manuals site for a circuit diagram, just out of interest really because the circuit does seem to have one or two unusual features.
Is the IF frequency 465 for your radiogram?
regards
Ian
Old 31st Oct 2011, 7:28 pm   #10
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Hi,
I have absolutely no idea. Sorry.
I didn't need to touch anything on the RF/IF side of things and I managed to resist having a little twiddle of the cores. Most of the work on mine was around the AF department. Now that you have a name, there are plenty of French vintage radio websites that will probably reveal what the IF freq. is.
Cheers, Pete