UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 18th Apr 2020, 1:12 pm   #21
kalee20
Dekatron

Default Re: Wanted: Mercury Arc Rectifiers

Super news - congratulations!

(Incidentally, what are the arcs you are using to load-up the set?)
kalee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2020, 3:54 pm   #22
Jacob_Pearson
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee20 View Post
Super news - congratulations!

(Incidentally, what are the arcs you are using to load-up the set?)
Thank you. The carbon arcs are 'Gaumont-Kalee Universal's. I may upgrade to the 'President' arcs if I can find some. I would also like to upgrade my GK 18 pedestal-type stands to the GK 20 box-type stands.
Jacob_Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2020, 6:22 pm   #23
raditechman
Heptode

I spent a few years in a cinema with President arc lamps on Kalee 21's. Nice lamp hope you find some

John
raditechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2020, 9:09 pm   #24
kalee20
Dekatron

Interesting... I actually have a pair of GK President arcs! Super lamps, they threw a very clear picture on the periscope display.
kalee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2020, 10:33 am   #25
Jacob_Pearson
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee20 View Post
Interesting... I actually have a pair of GK President arcs! Super lamps, they threw a very clear picture on the periscope display.
Are you using them with the matching projectors? My GK Universal arcs are on the back of GK 20 projectors with GK 83 and magnetic soundheads. All currently mounted on the GK18 pedestal-type stands. As well as some President arcs, I am hoping to find some GK 20 box-type stands and 3-Dimension spool boxes. I have one box-type stand but need a pair to use, and that one's unfortunately missing the control and wiring boxes. I am aiming to make-up the GK 20 CinemaScope outfit circa 1955.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Projector.png
Views:	28
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	203373  

Last edited by Jacob_Pearson; 19th Apr 2020 at 10:42 am.
Jacob_Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote