UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Mar 2017, 5:41 pm   #1
Oldfred98
Triode

Default Old Oscilloscope

Whilst sorting out my new workshop I found an old 1 inch oscilloscope I purchased about 50 years ago as part of an electronics training course. The case was extra so I did not buy it. You may notice that the kit was supplied with a mains lead with no earth. In a few days I will see if it still works. I will use a light bulb to limit current
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0638.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	138966   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0639.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	138967   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0640.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	138968  
Old 10th Mar 2017, 8:23 pm   #2
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Re: Old Oscilloscope

Yes I remember those courses were you got a scope or signal generator kit. Chances are subject to any waxy caps being used it will work if gently woke up.
Old 7th Jun 2017, 10:26 pm   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Old Oscilloscope

Hi!

If I'm not mistaken, that's the loctal B8G–based 1CP1 c.r.t. that was used in that design – data on it is fairly easy to come by - it has two separate 'X' plate base pins and one separate 'Y' plate connection, the other 'Y' plate is common to A1 + A3 and one base pin, A2 is internally connected to cathode (the CRT has auto-focus), whilst G1, K and the heaters account for the other pins.

The rest of it is very similar to the valve–based "DIY British National Radio Oscilloscope" circuit, elsewhere on this forum!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 7th Jun 2017 at 10:44 pm.
Closed Thread