UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 26th Feb 2021, 9:37 am   #1
KoniTec
Diode

Default Sony PVM20M2E Convergence setup and Calibration

Hi All

I have a Sony PVM20M2E which I have re-capped. I am now having issues trying to setup to convergence using the convergence rings and magnetic strips.

I have tried a number of times but cant seem to get the colours lined up as they should be. I am using this TV/Monitor for retro gaming, and have used the 240p Test Suite to try and get the convergence setup, but cant seem to do it.

I get frustrated everytime i try and have come to the conclusion that setting up the convergence is out of my scope.

Is anyone able to do this service, or know of anyone who can?

Many Thanks

Chris
KoniTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2021, 3:17 am   #2
em536716
Pentode

Default Re: Sony PVM20M2E Convergence setup and Calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoniTec View Post
Hi All

I have a Sony PVM20M2E which I have re-capped. I am now having issues trying to setup to convergence using the convergence rings and magnetic strips.

I have tried a number of times but cant seem to get the colours lined up as they should be. I am using this TV/Monitor for retro gaming, and have used the 240p Test Suite to try and get the convergence setup, but cant seem to do it.

I get frustrated everytime i try and have come to the conclusion that setting up the convergence is out of my scope.

Many Thanks

Chris

Hi there,

I might be able to help you with your convergence issue. Was the convergence ok before the recap?

Iím based in Guilford and would be happy to take a look at this.
Old 28th Feb 2021, 9:51 am   #3
KoniTec
Diode

Default Re: Sony PVM20M2E Convergence setup and Calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by em536716 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoniTec View Post
Hi All

Many Thanks

Chris

Hi there,

I might be able to help you with your convergence issue. Was the convergence ok before the recap?

Iím based in Guilford and would be happy to take a look at this.
The convergence was ok before the recap, but it was the tiniest bit off.

I seem to be able to get 2 of the RGB colours lined up ok, but then trying to get the third seems impossible.

Im currently isolating due to being infected with covid at the minute, but yeah when thats all done with if you are happy to take a look that would be great.
KoniTec is offline   Reply With Quote