UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2018, 12:03 am   #1
Deltatango
Triode

Question Chinon VC1700 Camcorder Can you Help

As an older retired service engineer who suffers from sight and shakes to some degree I take on "dumb" projects to keep me going until I get faulty items to fix for real.

I took on an old Chinon VC1700 camcorder of the VHS-C brigade thought it would be fun plus soldering practice, smd caps had failed so I have fixed the worst, and it now "talks" to me from being dead. Its drum will not spin up but will load and FF and REW till it shuts down soon after, now I know finding a Chinon manual is Very rare but figure these machines were a combination of various manufacturers at that time.

Could anyone help me by telling me whose deck this is (pictures enclosed), plus I have a few board numbers if they will identify it further.

VE0542A, VE0541A, M492, VV0266B, VV0267B and VM0041B

Many thanks from David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VHS-C Deck 001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	163250   Click image for larger version

Name:	VHS-C Deck 002.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	163251  
Old 22nd May 2018, 2:21 am   #2
mickash
Hexode

Default Re: Chinon VC1700 Camcorder Can you Help

They sound like Panasonic part numbers. I can't help any further though.

Michael.
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:53 pm   #3
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Chinon VC1700 Camcorder Can you Help

Panasonic used VEH part numbers for the head drums and VEM for the capstan motors on their VCRs. Not sure if camcorders are different though.

Fivos
Closed Thread