UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Dec 2013, 10:46 am   #21
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Ekco TCG 337

The fuse blowing after a few minutes is without doubt the wax covered mains filter capacitor situated behind the mains selector panel. This is all routine stuff to a television service guy. As stated the receiver will require a recap and it will probably work very well but you still have the problems of providing a 405 line signal. An Aurora standards converter costs around £180-200 and for a single receiver and I guess would be a bit over the top. John.
Old 15th Dec 2013, 1:24 pm   #22
simonsradio
Tetrode

Default Re: Ekco TCG 337

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHewitt View Post
I noticed the back has information about where to put the leads red, black yellow and blue so as to obtain the correct mains voltage just above the mains pins. It looks as though it was in the wrong places so I changed it round.
I just about remember a service call on our TC267 when I was a kid - the technician diagnosed a blown dropper section and moved the voltage selection wires around to use a non standard set up to bypass the problem. Its possible you may have a similar "tactical repair" here and if so you could have re-introduced an old fault?
Old 15th Dec 2013, 1:27 pm   #23
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Ecko TCG 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark pirate View Post
Unless it has received some electrical restoration recently, I would advise you not to just plug it in, as you may cause some damage to it.
I presume you missed Mark's advice then?

What do you plan to do with it next?

Good luck,

Nick.
Closed Thread