UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2018, 9:28 pm   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default BVWS Punnetts Town Swapmeet 5th August

The BVWS summer swap meet at Punnetts Town Village Hall, East Sussex, is on Sunday 5th August.

It is a swapmeet event, no auction as accidentally published in the last Bulletin (Ooops!)

For directions, see: http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php

Doors open at 10 (stall holders 9.30). The usual variety of many stalls selling Radio, Television, HiFi, Audio, Comms receivers, Test gear, Valves, Components, Spares, etc.
Entry fee payable at the door.
Ample free parking, hot and cold refreshments.
The BVWS stall will be there selling the usual range of capacitors, Deoxit, etc., so you can stock up the workshop. And a van load of quality items from the bulging BVWS stores at 'we don't want to take stuff back' prices! And all major debit/credit cards now taken at the BVWS stall!
If you have one or two items you'd like to sell, the 'Bring and Buy' stall is where you can sell your items at 10% commission to the BVW&TV Museum.

It's a members only event but guests are welcome for a sample visit. You can even take the plunge and join the BVWS on the day! Credit/debit card payments taken at the BVWS stall.

This is a great and friendly meeting in a beautiful location, which is growing year upon year as word gets around about how good it is!

See you there!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 25th Jul 2018, 8:22 am   #2
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Default Re: BVWS Punnetts Town Swapmeet 5th August

Hi Greg,
As you rightly point out, it is only just over a week to the Punnetts Town Swapmeet!

I am busy sorting things out to take to it and I look forward to seeing you and the team there. I am also looking forward to perusing the BVWS tables as I am sure I will come home with some bargains!!!

See You All Soon
Trevor.
Old 29th Jul 2018, 5:55 pm   #3
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

Is anyone else going to Punnetts Town?
Old 29th Jul 2018, 10:33 pm   #4
high_vacuum_house
Octode

I haven’t been to this particular event yet and am possibly free on Sunday and was thinking of traveling down to see it. Bit of a trek from Rugby though.
Christopher Capener
Old 30th Jul 2018, 12:58 am   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Its small but perfectly formed and an extremely pleasant venue but not so convenient from the "North" as Christopher says, although that doesn't put a lot of people off! The southern Golborne perhaps! I sometimes go with Peter from Bexhill [Reelguy] but hope to turn up anyway as I'm at the right end of the country. One or two people have joined the BVWS after giving it a go and the refreshments are quite choice!

Dave W
Old 4th Aug 2018, 3:46 pm   #6
David Church
Banned

The weather is looking good for tomorrow, see you all there

Punnetts Town Village Hall, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 9DS (opposite school)
Old 4th Aug 2018, 6:20 pm   #7
dave walsh
Dekatron

I'm going to be there with my wife doing the driving [I think she wants to try
the home made cake if it's on again!].

Dave
Old 5th Aug 2018, 7:42 pm   #8
dave walsh
Dekatron

We enjoyed the visit and Bacon Butties but it's a short trip for us. Christopher was first in the queue all the way from Rugby. I got a French Record player and some very welcome early mags from the BVWS stall. Thanks to everyone working hard to put this on. I've realised that I left a couple of records behind by mistake but it's not a major disaster-Space Odyssey/Sci Fi music. Maybe next time!

Dave
Closed Thread