UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Apr 2011, 6:54 am   #41
softy-softy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Enertec/Solartron/Schlumberger information.

I've found and scan manual for ENERTEC 5277 Oscilloscope. Missing some pages. Circuit schemes divided by few pages (2, 3 or 4) because I have A4 format scanner but schemes usually have bigger format.

Can't attached manual due forum filesize limit. Manual is 2.5 Mb. If you need it contact me by PM.
Old 28th Jun 2011, 2:26 pm   #42
Henrik Sommer
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Bill.

I have a Schlumberger 4002 signal generator, do you have any user or service manuals for it.

Greetings
Henrik Sommer
Denmark
Old 5th Jul 2011, 4:34 pm   #43
WME_bill
Octode

Enertec 4002 signal generator. Marketing also as Schlumberger, the group which owned Enertec, CRC, Solartron and Weston amongst others.
Ihave no information other than a 1987/8 specification. Sorry. Bill m0wpn
Old 28th Jul 2011, 9:21 pm   #44
spirals
Retired Dormant Member

Hi, I have purchased a 5220 and probes, belived top be working, it has not yet arrived, so would appreciate a run down on any known peculiarities of this particular scope. My first job will be to use it to look at the signals around the digital counter part of a Ham Band 2 meter T/Rx that appears to be intermittently running free(hi!) Would certainly appreciate a breakdown on the french panel markings, and a copy of the manual pdf if that is possible.
Old 6th Aug 2011, 11:48 pm   #45
charlie62
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Bill,

I am trying to restore a Solartron A100 scope. Would you kindly send me the service manual? If so, please PM me for my email address.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Carlos from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Last edited by Darren-UK; 7th Aug 2011 at 12:25 am. Reason: FRC; email address removed.
Old 11th Aug 2011, 5:03 pm   #46
WME_bill
Octode

Solartron A100 information for Charlie62 / Carlos.
I have the manual, but it is nearly 30M, so it would have to come to you on a CD by snail-mail. I have an extract giving the circuit diagrams and specification, which is about 5M, which is a bit limited. I would prefer to send even that by CD, as it is almost too large for email. Let me know what you want to do, by Private Message, but also give your email address, so that we can agree what the cost of the CD would be.
You do appreciate I am sure that I am not in the business of supplying free manuals on demand. But I am glad to help others in this hobby of ours. This particular manual I have never seen elsewhere on offer free or commercially. It is a real beast to copy or scan and to handle, with lots of coloured panels in the original, which do not come out very well.
The instrument itself uses several units of a Plessey integrated circuit made uniquely for this scope. Also 5ma tunnel diodes (AEY25,1N3717,IN3718) which also are virtually unobtainable except from another scrap unit or plug-in of that era - 1970/75. Almost every maker used them- Tek, HP, Solartron, Dynamco, Philips, not Advance nor Telequipment. I wish you luck in getting it operating. Bill m0wpn
Old 21st Aug 2011, 10:35 am   #47
david.partridge
Tetrode

Does anyone have information of any sort about the Solartron 7063 DMM?

TIA
Old 21st Aug 2011, 12:15 pm   #48
WME_bill
Octode

Solartron System Voltmeter 7063. It is not a number I recognise. I attach an extract from a Solartron Catalogue, covering the 1980's, which gives lots of numbers around your 7063. I wonder if it is a special variant. Could you perhaps post a picture, and confirm whether it seems similar to any of the other models. Usually there was a basic model, with variants for Mean or RMS AC , 5 or 6 digit display etc. From that we may be able to find a similar model. Bill m0wpn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sol Cat 7060 series 1987-8-wm.pdf (82.3 KB, 564 views)
Old 21st Aug 2011, 9:37 pm   #49
david.partridge
Tetrode

<cgi.ebay.co.uk/120763046246>
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 1:12 pm   #50
Chaparal
Hexode

Next Question,

i have a Schlumberger 4922 Radio Code Analysator + TG Adapter,
but i can't find any info about the TG Adapter (Specs, OP Manual etc).
Pics below.
Maybe someone can help,
thanks
Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schlumberger 4922 - Radio Code Analysator + TG Adapter -01.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	55378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schlumberger 4922 - Radio Code Analysator + TG Adapter -03.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	55379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schlumberger 4922 - Radio Code Analysator + TG Adapter -09.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	55380  
Old 12th Sep 2011, 5:08 pm   #51
The Gricer
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.partridge View Post
Does anyone have information of any sort about the Solartron 7063 DMM?
Dave, I don't know whether you are still looking for info on the 7063 DMM but in case you are here are a few facts and figures:-

The SI7063 was the last DVM/DMM to be introduced by Solartron. Production finished in the mid nineties. It was six and a half digits, (2100000 scale length), up to 1000 readings/sec, 0.002% accuracy on Vdc. Sensitivity was 100nV / 100uOhms / 1m deg.

It was available in two versions - the 7063A had Vdc, Idc, resistance and temperature. The 7063B added Vac, Iac, frequency and period to this. It had an IEEE (GPIB) interface as standard.

It looked quite smart with it's blue 16 segment x 16 character blue alpha-numeric vacuum fluorescent display.

If you need any more info I have a 16 page sales brochure here which gives full specs.
Old 13th Sep 2011, 8:18 pm   #52
WME_bill
Octode

Interesting info. Thank you "The Gricer". Could you post a picture and the specifications please, so that we have a reference source. When did it first appear. Bill m0wpn
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 9:26 am   #53
The Gricer
Retired Dormant Member

As far as I remember it was introduced in 1990, so not really 'vintage' in the way of most stuff on this forum.

I have scanned the brochure and saved it as a pdf but it comes out at 13Mb even when save at medium quality, which is much higher than the limit for uploads to this forum. I have therefore uploaded it to my own webspace. I had a quick look at the forum rules and couldn't see anything about external links not being allowed so if anyone is interested in seeing it they can find it here:- Solartron 7063 brochure (pdf) 13Mb

Frank
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 7:57 am   #54
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Hi,

I don't suppose someone has a diagram, maintenance manual, user manual etc. for a Solartron LM 1420 Digital Voltmeter (circa 1965) by any chance?

I'm working on one at the moment, I've managed to get it mostly working (with no info) so it's now destined for a full restoration. I'm very interested in the circuitry, plus I think I'll need a calibration procedure eventually.

It has a 'Fan Out Unit EX1476' attached to the rear panel; attached to that is another board identified as '2220 X5'; information about those would be useful too. (Stay tuned, I'll start a thread about this meter soon and include photos of these extras.)

Cheers, Kat
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 10:18 pm   #55
Oldtestgear
Hexode

I have a few Solartron DVM manuals including the LM1420.2.
Have a look at my website for more info: www.computerhotline.co.uk

I bought about 700 manuals a few years ago & have been selling the surplus ones to offset the cost which was high. If you need it then please PMme.

Phil
Old 7th Oct 2011, 7:01 pm   #56
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

I think the 1420.2 manual should cover my 1420; Phil, you have a PM.

Cheers, Kat
Old 10th Nov 2011, 6:11 pm   #57
Gaosqq.
Diode

A copy would be welcome.
Groet
Arnold
Old 10th Dec 2011, 9:43 pm   #58
scopedon
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Bill

I have just aquired a Solarton CD1740 Scope with CX1741 Y amp and CX1744 timebase plug ins. Both plug-ins are in a sorry state and require some TLC. I have bought a spare CT1741 but cannot find a CT1744. Any servicing info would be a great help to me.

Regards Don
Old 11th Dec 2011, 5:35 pm   #59
WME_bill
Octode

CD1740 MF with CX1741 Yamp and CX1744 TB.
I have three sitting under my bench, waiting until I pluck up real determination. I have found the PSU is unreliable for the board is badly made , and the copper lifts as soon as you do any soldering on it to replace any parts. So I have decided to make three new boards, and transfer all the parts.
When working, it is a very nice scope indeed, small, with that excellent Telefunken tube D14-131, which a lot of other makers used.
The tunnel diodes in the Trigger on the TimeBase will be a problem if they have failed. Be very careful about testing them. An ohm-meter test will usually destroy it. And only source of replacements is to pirate off another scrap scope unless you are very lucky. Probably that is why you very rarely see a CX1744 TB for sale, or similar scopes of that era.
I have posted notes upon TD testing and specifications in the past
You don't say what your trouble is. I assume you have the manual. Bill m0wpn
Old 12th Dec 2011, 10:18 pm   #60
scopedon
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Bill
My CD1740 is in a sorry state. It must have been stored in a damp or even wet location. The whole thing looks a wreck. One of the Y input BNC sockets is missing, just a hole in the front panel. The timebase mode selector push button switches will not latch. It does have two good points, it was very cheap and it powers up and displays a timebase trace, if a button is held in. I am trying to free the timebase buttons with contact cleaner and have managed to get an occasional latch. Any suggestions would be welcome. I have an Operating Manual, thanks to the generosity of another member, but nothing else. I have done some work on scopes but this is going to be difficult without more info. If you could help in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Regards Don
Closed Thread