UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Aug 2018, 9:04 pm   #1
Strange Brew
Tetrode

Default Studer A80R NAB to CCIR conversion

Hi all.

I'm about to buy an A80R machine and I've found out today that it has NAB equalisation.

Has anyone here ever converted the REC and REPRO cards from NAB to CCIR?

If so, can anyone give me details or pictures/diagram of which parts are needed?

Thanks
Old 21st Aug 2018, 9:45 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Studer A80R NAB to CCIR conversio

It's in the manual. Some resistors are changed on daughter cards in the amplifier modules.
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 2:56 am   #3
TIMTAPE
Octode

Default Re: Studer A80R NAB to CCIR conversio

If you only have a particular IEC tape to play/transfer you could just convert that one tape speed (repro) in the Studer. I did this recently for a couple of studio tapes and then converted it back to NAB in keeping with the other two speeds.
Closed Thread