UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 13th Apr 2021, 8:57 pm   #1
Veebee11
Diode

Default Valve testing help.

I have a large number of valves, they are wrapped and in original packaging but quite a lot have a black blob on the inside of them. I need to find out if they are new or used. Is there a testing service anywhere near Sidcup, Kent where I am at the moment or in West Wales (Cardigan) where I am returning to in the next couple of days.
Veebee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2021, 7:49 am   #2
Hoveradio
Pentode

Default Re: Valve testing help.

Hi, I live in Pant-Y-Dwr, Mid Wales and have an AVO Mk4 tester. You are very welcome to come by here on your way home and we can test a few valves if you like. As long as they are conventional types and have a code in the AVO data book and of course a base on the tester!

Best Regards John.
Old 14th Apr 2021, 8:14 am   #3
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Valve testing help.

Hi Veebee.

It might help if you posted a picture of the valve and / or type numbers.

If no one in your area there will be other forum members who could do the testing, posting the valves well packed should not be a hazard

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote