UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Sep 2016, 8:14 pm   #1
Skintin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Jukebox: Rowe Ami Cadette

Hi Guys,

What would be a suitable replacement for the cartridge and stylus on the cadette. The current cartridge and stylus is a shure, N44 magnetic i think.
Old 9th Sep 2016, 9:25 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Jukebox: Rowe ami cadette

That is probably what was originally fitted. Unless the cartridge is faulty you'll probably just need a stylus if it's worn.
Old 11th Sep 2016, 3:19 pm   #3
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: Jukebox: Rowe Ami Cadette

I doubt the cartridge is faulty, just replace the stylus, plenty available online.

If for some reason it is dead, you can get original cartridges online on eBay or jukebox retailers (Shure M44MR).

Worst case you can get the Shure M44-7 new and use that cartridge with a jukebox stylus, but it doesn't fit at the same tracking angle as the original due to the screw threads in the rockola tone arm and the 44-7 fittings being different. Don't use the m44-7 stylus though, this is high compliance and should track at 3G maximum.

Nothing wrong with old cartridges so long as they work, I use an original in my rockola and it works great. There doesn't really seem much to fail on these unless the coils go out of circuit
Closed Thread