UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Sep 2016, 2:21 pm   #1
Vintage Engr
Heptode

Default Dynatron HFC65/SRX29A Dial glass

Good afternoon all,

I originally posted a couple of queries regarding what I thought was an SRX30 Dynatron chassis. The silk-screeen print had come off the front panel, & the only identification was from the R&TVS book, which is fairly thin on information. I now know that it is an SRX29A.

I have the complete unit fully working now, but would still like to find a scan of the dial glass, as mine is completely blank!
It's an unusual version, the scale is vertical and almost square, - it also has short wave, as well as L, M, & VHF. The R&TVS info does not show the SW as being fitted to any of the models.
I'm also missing two of the push-button aluminium trim caps. These are identical in size to those used on the varicap tuning pots on many 1970's TV's. Trim off a broken unit would do, as they are only glued on.

If anyone can help with either of the above , it would be much appreciated.

Dave.
Old 10th Sep 2016, 6:54 pm   #2
Vintage Engr
Heptode

Default Re: Dynatron HFC65/SRX29A Dial glass

No replies on this one, so have made up a dial based on a photograph from another similar unit.
Not perfect, but its functional & in the right colours.

No joy on the tuning knob trims, I guess all the old varicap units have been scrapped.!
Old 10th Sep 2016, 10:10 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron HFC65/SRX29A Dial glass

I don't recall any of the later Dynatrons offering Short Wave. Edward
Closed Thread