UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2006, 5:38 pm   #1
Drifton
Pentode

Location: Cambridge... in that country formally know as 'Great Britain'
Default Murphy TA92...

What comments are there concerning the Murphy A92?

I came across one last Saturday in a nearby antique centre, going for £25. I was pushed for time and the people running the centre were otherwise engaged so I couldn’t ask about it but I assume that it’s the usual lead-cut-off, sold-as-seen jobby. It is nice and clean looking with no scratches and all the knobs and buttons are present and their action feels positive.

I’ve downloaded the circuit and done a check on the availability of the valves (Mazda SP41 – TH41 – VP41 – HLV1DD – PEN45 – UU6) and they don’t appear too difficult to obtain… should it be necessary.

The price seems about average from what I’ve researched on the net so if it is still there next week I think I’ll go for it. (everyone should have a set with a extensive S/W range.)

So, apart from the usual with a set of this vintage, are there any nasty surprises with this model that anyone knows of?

Cheers,
Dave.