UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Apr 2018, 5:32 pm   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Sony SL-T50ME minor tracking issue

Hi! A few days ago I got a Sony SL-T50ME Betamax VCR which plays and records perfectly but has a minor issue with the tracking control. If I turn it to the right, the VCR loses sync (capstan speed goes out of control), like the effect of a missing control track. Can anyone tell me what the issue might be?

Fivos
Old 27th Apr 2018, 10:07 pm   #2
vhs doctor
Pentode

Default Re: Sony SL-T50ME minor tracking issue

Check the resistance of the tracking control potensiometer. Maybe the resistance is higher or you have o/c on the right area ( when the vcr have sync problems)
Old 27th Apr 2018, 11:46 pm   #3
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Hi. I solved the problem. The tracking center adjustment on the servo board SS-20 was off by a mile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-04-27-00-31-19.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	161922  
Old 28th Apr 2018, 1:28 am   #4
vhs doctor
Pentode

Are you sure that now works OK?
The center adjustment how was set off. I mean how was the potensiometer of the tracking center change value by it self. Are you sure that it is not cracked due to years?
Old 28th Apr 2018, 4:02 pm   #5
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Considering the machine was dropped in the mail service, this might caused the problem, but I doubt it. I don't have an ESR meter to measure the capacitors but yeah, I'm sure it works perfectly now. I tried tapes recorded from different machines and they play fine with the tracking control at the center.
Closed Thread