UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Apr 2021, 1:03 pm   #1
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Default 1970's CTV prices.

Hi, I noticed that the price of 70's CTV's are going through the roof. A 22 inch untested Decca 100 chassis has just been sold for £250! When you think of what we scrapped years ago.

Malc.
Old 4th Apr 2021, 1:08 pm   #2
stacman
Hexode

Default Re: 1970,s CTV prices.

Second hand prices on a lot of things are elevated currently, I suspect because people have spare money as it’s not being spent elsewhere, on leisure, entertainment, hospitality, clothes, etc.
Old 4th Apr 2021, 11:15 pm   #3
Richard_FM
Nonode

Default Re: 1970,s CTV prices.

I've noticed almost all CRT sets seem to be going up in price in the last year or so.

It isn't just the 1980s-90s ones for retro gaming too.

About the only ones that still seem reasonable are the bigger 1990's sets, probably because they are too recent to be nostalgic about, and too big to store for occasional use.