UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Sep 2010, 9:06 pm   #1
kipperdog
Tetrode

Default Grundig Yacht boy 217

Hi, The set is completely dead (except for the clock).
Does anyone have a schematic or service data?

Cheers

Chris
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 10:37 pm   #2
AlanC
Hexode

Default Re: Grundig Yacht boy 217

It's a relatively recent radio which is why I suspect you've not had many responses to your post. I can only suggest you try to contact Grundig themselves.

http://www.grundig.co.uk/

However, the fault you have may be something much simpler than that- have you tried it on both batteries and external AC power? I'm assuming (I don't know why; probably because my Sony ICF2001D has this arrangement) that there is a separate battery that maintains the clock and the memory.

Alan
Old 4th Sep 2010, 8:28 am   #3
kipperdog
Tetrode

Default Re: Grundig Yacht boy 217

Hi Alan
Thanks for that. I have tried the radio with a PSU connected to the battery holder but not the external power socket. The external socket will probably have a cut-out contact on it - that will be my first check. You are right though, it may be something simple. I will explore further when I get time
Closed Thread