UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2019, 9:06 am   #61
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default Re: 1970 UFO TV prog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
I agree with you Jeremy but you seem to have [unintentionally] "Cross" referenced Gabrielle Drake Re Cross Roads [post 25*] yet another coincidence Nobody saw Endeavour then? "Living In The Past" Jethro Tull
Yes, I just watched the latest episode of Endeavour on catch up. Clearly meant to reference Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, the dialogue (of the puppets) was dreadful as ever but the puppets were very like the Andersons'.

Peter
Old 21st Feb 2019, 11:33 am   #62
MurphyNut
Heptode

Yes, I too picked up on that, very clever and quite comical reference to Gerry Anderson puppet shows. The puppets used looked as if they might have been the 1960's originals.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 4:44 pm   #63
Brigham
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulcharlie View Post
Another failed show for your entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_QBaZVMxhQ
I've had the Network set of The Corridor People since it first appeared, and never got past the first episode.
I'm going to start on it again, as soon as I've finished 'The Owl Service'.
Old 12th Mar 2019, 3:13 pm   #64
G4YVM David
Heptode

Very intriguingly whereas last week I was able to watch UFO, this week the videos have been "blocked in country by LDS", whoever they are. I wonder why they blocked them now, not last week?
Old 12th Mar 2019, 5:07 pm   #65

This thread making them more visible to the copyright holders?

Old 29th Jun 2019, 1:56 pm   #66
space_charged
Hexode

Yes, I remember watching UFO which was on late, possibly because of its adult content. I was living in Edinburgh and used to watch it on my Philips 17TG106U.

UFO has been re-released in HD on BluRay, thanks to it having been shot on film, not video tape.

I did once briefly have a chat with another guy here about the use of an Eddystone EC10 in some of Gerry Anderson's puppet efforts. We thought it might have been in Captain Scarlet, which I really liked. Sadly our posts were deleted by the moderators...
Old 29th Jun 2019, 2:12 pm   #67
Richard_FM
Octode

The schedulers at the ITV regions seemed to get worried when UFO had some not so family friendly storylines, especially compared to Gerry Anderson's usual output.

I've heard that one episode with a group hallucination was often moved to a post watershed timeslot, though a few years later The Prisoner had similar plotlines.

Years later Channel 4 occasionally screened Babylon 5 later than usual over some content issues.
Old 29th Jun 2019, 9:09 pm   #68
AC/HL
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by space_charged View Post
I did once briefly have a chat with another guy here about the use of an Eddystone EC10 in some of Gerry Anderson's puppet efforts. We thought it might have been in Captain Scarlet, which I really liked. Sadly our posts were deleted by the moderators...
The only post I can find that matches your criteria is this one: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...0&postcount=18.
The deleted post you misremember was about standards converters, clearly OT in a thread about EC10s.
Closed Thread