UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jun 2019, 2:31 pm   #1
Richard_FM
Octode

Default Dansai MTV 701

Another of my recent additions to my collection is this 1990s Korean made 7 inch set. Apart from the extra 2 inches of screen it doesn't have much on the Chinese made small sets.

I've seen them badged up as Fidelity & 1 or 2 other brands.

When I first received it the volume pot was very noisy, to the point I thought the sound circuit must be damaged.

After a struggle to find how to open the case I managed to spray the volume pot with some contact cleaner & now it's performing well.

I didn't managed to get any interior pictures but I could see one of the chips had the old Samsung 3 stars logo. I'm guessing the tube is Samsung as well, but the mask covers most of the label up too.

With the weight of the tube at one end, the rear cover is tricky to get back on as the main board bends slightly.

Also an incorrect rated mains adaptor came with it, but by chance the same week the one from my wifi router died & I had already ordered a suitable multi voltage one, & the incorrect one was just the right output for the router!

So I've used the multi voltage one with the TV, also needed was a 3.5mm mono jack to Belling - Lee socket adaptor, but I had one from my Grattons set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2126.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	185901   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2127.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	185902   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2128.jpg
Views:	125