UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 31st May 2020, 3:53 pm   #1
frankmcvey
Heptode

Default The clearout continues - Valve Tester

Time to cut down on my growing collection of valve testers!

This little machine is unusual. The Scuola Radio Elletra Torino ran a correspondence course for aspiring radio techs in the '50s; along with the theory modules, they sent out kits for the students to assemble and use - a multimeter and a basic emission valve tester being among them.

This particular example has been pretty well put together. It's in nice nick, with fairly clean wiring and soldering. I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work - it looks to be complete. The pin/voltage assignment is by jump links, a rotary switch for the heaters and a pot for the HT. There is a transformer, two fixed resistors, a push-to-test button a couple of lamps and that's it - very little to go wrong (assuming you don't make a mistake with the jump links!) Readout is by connecting your multimeter to the PV and CC terminals.

You need a set of instructions and tables to give you the link and voltage settings - these are here, along with a circuit diagram and some more info on the the machine. You may need to use Google Translate, though, which is why I never got around to playing with it!

Looking for 40 plus carriage, or collect from Cottesmore LE157DS.

Cheers,

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3216.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	207308  
frankmcvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2020, 4:35 pm   #2
jonmiller
Pentode