UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Dec 2019, 5:37 pm   #1
cathoderay57
Heptode

Default 6G5 or 6U5 Magic Eye

Hi folks, you can see my thread in success stories here https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...51#post1200051 covering restoration of a Marconiphone 538 Quality Receiver. The magic eye is well past its best so I'm asking if anybody has a decent 6G5 or 6U5 (the UX6 base version) that they would be willing to part with for a sensible price? I would add that I am restoring this set for my own personal use and I do not intend to sell it! Kind regards to all, Jerry
Old 18th Dec 2019, 10:14 pm   #2
TowerRadio
Pentode

Default Re: 6G5 or 6U5 Magic Eye

I have a 6G5 valve you can have for the price of a donation to the Salvation Army.Its the classic shape, 6 pin. My father had one of these sets,I guess this would have been a spare.I have no way of testing it,it is unboxed.PM me if you are interested,Les.
Old 19th Dec 2019, 4:50 pm   #3
cathoderay57
Heptode

Default Re: 6G5 or 6U5 Magic Eye

Sorted thanks to TowerRadio. Mods please close.
Closed Thread