UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Sep 2014, 11:51 am   #1
kenneth
Retired Dormant Member

Default Posts not visible in New Posts.

Moderators.
My current post 'TV servicing books' and responses to it are not appearing on my computer among New Posts. To see them I have been going through the 'Search this website' route . Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?
Thanks, Ken.
Old 5th Sep 2014, 1:22 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Posts not visible in New Posts.

It will only show in New Posts if there are posts in the thread you haven't read. Once you've read the posts in the thread it disappears from that list for you.

Depending on what date/time the most recent the post was, you may have to go back a page or two in the New Posts list to find it.

The New Posts list is specific to each user and the posts they haven't read.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 5th Sep 2014, 3:50 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Don't forget that if you use the "back" function in your browser, you will see an old version of the page. Hit "refresh" to see the latest one.

I'm sure this is the reason that we frequently see two or even three identical posts posted consecutively sometimes, simply because the poster thinks they haven't appeared for some reason.

Nick.
Old 6th Sep 2014, 8:08 pm   #4
kenneth
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you Paul and Nick for the explanations. Ken.
Closed Thread