UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2006, 7:43 pm   #1
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Instruction plate for Avometer 8 mkII

I have recently acquired an Avometer 8 mkII (as part of a box of various meters for a fiver at the local auction). Unfortunately, the plate on the back is very worn so that the instructions are completely illegible.

It would be wonderful if someone could scan one in good condition that I could then print out and stick over it.

If anyone can help me out here, I would love to hear from them.
Old 25th May 2006, 8:37 pm   #2
Colin
Heptode

Default Re: instruction plate on Avometer 8 mkII

Hi Dave,

I've scanned the plate on my MKIII and attached it as a zip file (it's around 900k) but it's still covered in a blue protective cover that I'd rather not peel off. I've had a quick look at my MKII and on first glance it looks the same ... the MKII is worn though and wouldn't scan very well.

You may be better off reproducing the plate in a graphics package and printing a nice copy rather than printing a scan.

Hope this helps
Rgds
Colin
Attached Files
File Type: zip AVO 8 MK111 Rear Plate.zip (914.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 25th May 2006, 8:41 pm   #3
SPCh
Rest in Peace

I'll see what I can do with my "best" Model 8 Mk II.
Old 25th May 2006, 9:00 pm   #4
SPCh
Rest in Peace

It's a bit grubby but try this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AVO8MkII_backplate.pdf (133.4 KB, 150 views)
Old 25th May 2006, 9:37 pm   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thank you both for those images. Now that I know how the text reads, I will probably follow the suggestion of stretch289 and try to recreate the label in software.
Old 28th May 2006, 11:14 am   #6
jmshep

Attacched is a cleaned up version of the Mk III plate. If printed on coloured paper and laminated it should produce a reasonable replacement.
The jpeg file is 1.4 megs (over the limit for posting) so if any one wants it in that format to manipulate further please E mail me
Has any one got a reasonable scan for a AVO 7 please?

Closed Thread