UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Oct 2018, 2:53 pm   #1
Lance Vincini
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sharp VZ-3000 repair?

Hi.

I'm about to repair my old vz. But I cant manage to get the record player door open. The 'pencil hole' dosnt work. Its totally stuck. When I turn the power on, I can hear a motor running all the time, but nothing seems to move. I think the solenoid for the gears stuck some how? Can anyone please help me?
Old 21st Oct 2018, 6:25 pm   #2
Lance Vincini
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sharp VZ-3000 repair?

Update: Managed to get the LP-door open. Had to take it apart, and then I could carefully bend the hooks, so the door could open. Think someone has been into this one before and managed to assemble it wrong so the bay door got stuck. Now the 'pen release' work as it suppose to.
When I plugged in the motor buzzed for a while and stopped. Think it finished its closing cycle.

But worse is that non of the button works.
Old 21st Oct 2018, 8:49 pm   #3
Lance Vincini
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sharp VZ-3000: Buttons for the turn table

None of the buttons to operate the turn table is responding. I know these little buttons are sensitive and can easily stop working after 30+ years, but everyone?

Is there perhaps someting else that could cause this?

Also, radio not finding any stations, and the red indicator lights for signal strength doesnt even light up. Only thing working is the tape player.

Common faults to look for, please?
Closed Thread