UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Nov 2022, 6:43 pm   #1
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Pye Philips Telecom Modern desk mic handbook/circuit available by email

As title.
Snowy, G0HZE asked me if I had this manual. I found it and have now sent him a pdf copy that I did this weekend.
(It was when doing this on my other pc with old scanner that my Win10 pc crashed and is now pretty useless! Subject of another thread).

https://www.picclickimg.com/images/g...X-/s-l1600.jpg

At 7Mb, it is too big to put on here.

If anyone has this mic and wants a pdf copy, pm me with your email address and I will send it to you.
It dates from the 1980s and the pcb can be linked for am or fm systems from the internal electret insert.

Just hope that dozens are not requested!!

Please only request if you have a need for this rather than to just keep a personal copy on file "in case".....

I feel sure, that if just a few people have it, then if in the future I cannot oblige for whatever reason, others will then be able to help out with distribution.

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Files
File Type: odt pye mic mono.odt (385.8 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by CambridgeWorks; 7th Nov 2022 at 6:46 pm. Reason: added link
Old 7th Nov 2022, 7:10 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Philips Telecom Modern desk mic handbook/circuit available by email

Those mics were popular on the late-80s/early-90s taxi base stations I ran; typically feeding a Pye MX290 series transceiver in a power-supply box that ran from mains but could also work from a 12V battery.

See photo, i've got a similar power-unit here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mx290.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	267629  
Old 7th Nov 2022, 7:16 pm   #3
Jon_G4MDC
Nonode

Default Re: Pye Philips Telecom Modern desk mic handbook/circuit available by email

M80 series mic. They were good even if not quite in the tulip mic league.

Do I remember that you could lock on transmit by depressing then sliding the pressel bar towards you?

You couldn't do that with a tulip mic. It needed a rubber band!
Closed Thread