UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Old 11th Mar 2024, 2:44 pm   #1
standing wave
Pentode

Default Kelly books

Hello,
Does anyone know if Kelly Books who dealt with books and magazines about broadcasting are still operating. If l remember rightly they were based in Devon. Cannot find the website.
Thanks
Terry
standing wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2024, 3:46 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Kelly books

"Dissolved" according to this: https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/04661257

Sorry.
Nickthedentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2024, 6:46 pm   #3
standing wave
Pentode

Ah well shame, they were going a long time. I wonder what happened to all the stock.
standing wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2024, 12:29 am   #4
John KC0G
Hexode

Closed down at the end of January 2023. See https://web.archive.org/web/20230124...cknumbers.com/
John KC0G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2024, 3:52 pm   #5
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Thanks for posting Terry. I was sorry to hear about Kelly Books in Devon closing. Back in the 80's/90's I bought quite a few rare books and magazines including JL Baird items. Lynda Kelly carried on after her partner died and I had always found her to be very helpfull. I suppose this sort of thing is inevitable now
I was prompted to check out Tilley's in Chesterfield as well today. This "shop" front backs on to a warehouse. I didn't realise that at first, on the one occasion I visited. The two owners [brothers] stored sold and distributed all sorts of items for years. They told me that one of their customers was a distinguished Japanese University. I see that Albert has been closing the business down since last year.There only seems to be a few radio related items in stock. Prices were never that cheap but are now reduced to £2 each [subject to a minimum order of 50 items though]. After March 30th it will be collection only! I suspect "Tilley's" will have been a bit of a landmark for years...like the famous spire! "All things must pass!" [George Harrison]

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 18th Mar 2024 at 4:07 pm.
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote